My work as a transformational and business coach has grown organically over time. There is much overlap with, and influence from, my therapeutic work and 13 years working as a senior marketing professional.
I have learned from my own personal journey that self-development, reflection and awareness-building can enhance our personal and professional lives in powerful ways.
It allows us to align to our values, authentically engage with others and fully 'become who we are'. Paradoxically, this is when change can occur.
I refer to my coaching work as transformational. I am influenced by Gestalt Coaching, a holistic, creative and experimental way of working with issues in the 'here-and-now' with people.
The main agenda is to be with 'what is now' rather than 'what should be.' In this sense, we work with the 'flow' of what is happening, as opposed to trying to work against it.
I am also influenced by Nancy Kline's 'Time to Think' approach, my experience in managing and developing teams over the years, as well aspects of my therapy training. As with therapy, the coach relationship between us plays an important role in fostering a trusted space in which to experiment, play and get curious about the issue/s you want to focus on.
I coach clients on a variety of issues such as (but not limited to):
- Discovering purpose and finding meaning in our life and work
- Exploring how we relate to ourselves, others and the world around us
- Building confidence and improving communication skills
- Enhancing our leadership style and skills
- Gaining clarity and developing our natural gifts and talents
- Enhancing our personal and professional development
- Reconnecting to our creativity, spontaneity and understanding how we might block this
- Understanding our relationships to stress, conflict, uncertainty and change both personally and professionally
Starting out, or developing in the early years, as a sole trader or small business can be a challenging time. It can be a steep learning curve trying to build a business, identify a market, develop a unique selling proposition and market your service effectively. This is on top of balancing the books, earning a living and dealing with the day-to-day aspects of running a business.
I understand these issues, both working on behalf of various organisations, and also starting my own venture in recent years. It can be a lonely endeavour and has highlighted to me how vital a business coach can be in this process.
I have a particular affinity with people in the creative, artistic or personal and professional development industries, as I connect with their sensitivity, and unique gifts and understand that the business side of things can often be a hard mindset to shift to in order to be successful.
As a business coach (with specialist marketing knowledge), I offer:
- Assistance in helping you look at the “big picture”
- Help in identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that you may have overlooked.
- Guidance and sharing ideas during a growth phase
- Specific support and advice around marketing - planning, digital communications, branding, content creation, research etc.
- To be a sounding board - to listen, stimulate and challenge your thinking in order for you to formulate your own ideas
- To hold you accountable and support you to keep focused on your goals
This is very much a bespoke service depending on how many sessions you require, and how often. I also offer longer coaching sessions/workshops, particularly around business planning and generating ideas.
If you are interested in coaching, the next step is to contact me to arrange a free phone/Skype consultation to discuss your particular requirements.
For transformational coaching, I will be interested to know about your current situation and what you would like to explore and gain from coaching.
For business coaching, my aim for the call would be to discuss:
If you are unsure about whether you require coaching or therapy, do contact me to discuss this further. Details about pricing can be found here. I work flexibly as a life coach in Shoreditch, within the wider Central London area or via Skype, depending on what proves to be most appropriate and convenient for you.
To find out more about the practicalities of coaching or therapy see these frequently asked questions